Monday, September 5, 2011

The Battersea | Petersburg Wedding Photographer

An 18th century plantation house in the midst of a renovation, my two favorite newlyweds, and a beautiful summer day all made for my favorite shoot ever!  I had the pleasure of photographing Holly and Eddie for their engagement shoot a year ago and they were married in June.  I was approached by the president of the restoration society for the Battersea in historic Petersburg to photograph a bride and groom for their merchandising and advertising campaign.  Holly and Eddie were more than happy to put their wedding finery back on and pose for me.  We had a fabulous time going through the old rooms and talking about the history of this beautiful home.  Thank you, Holly and Eddie for being such amazing models!  You make my work so easy!


 We scared a young man working on the property with this next photo...he looked up at the window at the exact time she was posing and you could tell that he truly believed that he had seen a ghost!  We went downstairs to assure him that she was real and got a big laugh about his "close encounter."



 There was no shortage of interesting places to shoot with great textures and interesting stories.  Some we could figure out, like the one above (outhouse!).  

The one below is beside an old tractor barn.  
 Holly, you are gorgeous!







Such a beautiful place...such a fun couple...

2 comments:

  1. I love them!!! The pic are gorgeous! Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty wedding photos these are! This last picture is cutest of all. Wedding is a big event in a couple’s life. We can totally understand all of the ups and downs that go in their mind because we too are preparing for our big day that would be hosted in this winter at one of the Chicago event locations.

    ReplyDelete

All photos are copyright of Shutter Girl Photography. Do not copy, print or distribute without permission from the owner. contact@shuttergirl-photography.com

about me

My photo
I am Beverly Clark. I am a wife, mother, daughter, and aunt. I am also an artist, photographer, and designer. I love peanut butter, the beach, roller coasters, sleeping in on Saturday mornings, driving with the windows down, laughing from my toes, and my sweet dog, Melly. I believe that life is beautiful and my mission as a photographer is to capture that beauty. I shoot primarily on location around Newport News, Yorktown and Williamsburg, Virginia. I will also shoot in your home or other location of your choice within the area.